There are many things to do this weekend in Steamboat. We’ll make it easier for you: here are some of the events that sound like a ton of fun!
1. Yampa River Festival: 1K, 5K Running Race – 9:00 a.m.
Running along the Yampa is always a treat. Why not join the race?
2. Yampa River Festival: Downriver Race – 11:00 a.m.
Whether you want to watch or participate, this is sure to be fun. This race includes kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards.
3. Historic Places Bike Tour – 10:00 – 12:00 p.m
Steamboat is a beautiful place to ride your bike. Why not learn as you ride?
4. Steve Boynton — Mambo Italiano – 11:30 a.m.
Maybe you feel the need to relax – then head over to Mambo Italiano to enjoy jazz and blues on the Mambo deck from local guitarist Steve Boynton.
5. Yampa River Festival: Crazy River Dog Contest – 2:30 p.m.
This just sounds…crazy. And fun.
6. Yampa River Festival: Freestyle Rodeo – 3:00 p.m.
A rodeo – meeting at Charlie’s hole behind the Bud Werner Library.
7.Memorial Day Family Picnic with the Yampa Valley Boys – 4:00 p.m.
BBQ, beer, free wagon rides and discount horseback riding? All with the music of our friends the Yampa Valley Boys? Count us in!
1. Sidewalk Sales on Main Street – All Day
Take advantage of the sales in downtown Steamboat – shop the small businesses in Lincoln Avenue!
2.Yampa River Festival: Slalom Race – 10:00 – 12:00 p.m.
3.Yampa River Festival Casual Float – 12:00 p.m.
Relax in the Yampa River.
4. Lego Club – 2:00 p.m.
A Lego club is always a good idea.
5. Reggae by the River – 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
6. Jeffrey Pine, Acoustic Folk Music – 7:00 p.m.
A respected recording artist, singer-songwriter Jeffrey Pine has made a life of celebrating the natural world and inspiring others to rally for its preservation through song, stories and humor.
1. Steamboat Springs Memorial Day Ceremony – 11:00 a.m.
Remember that this holiday is about more than relaxing, food and a three day weekend. Honor the men and women who fought for your freedom by attending this ceremony.
2. Paddling Life Pro Invitational – 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
3. Sk8 Chuch Drop-In Skating – 2:00 p.m.
Open for free, drop-in skating. Have fun!
4. Paddling Life Open Fish Creek Race – 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
5.Open Mic Night – 9:00 p.m.
Each performer gets a free beer!
Most of all – have a safe and wonderful Memorial Weekend!