There’s a lot you can do in Steamboat over Labor Day weekend.
Here’s the schedule of events for Labor Day:
- Farmer’s Market: 9am – 2pm – located on 6th Street, next to the courthouse. This market features local and regional foods, crafts, arts, live music and a ton of fun!
- Downtown Sidewalk Sale – All the stores on Main Street will have all their sale items out on the sidewalk; it’s the perfect time to save!
- Wild West Air Fest: 9am – 3pm – This air festival is an entertainment filled event for young an old! It features a vintage and warbird static aircraft display, classic cars, radio controlled airplane shows, Wings Over the Rockies, KidSpace and much more! Visit the Steamboat Springs Chamber for more information.
- Steamboat Stage Race: Nearly 300 road cyclists compete in a four stage race which includes a time trial, circuit race, road race and criterium. Visit Bike Steamboat’s website for more information.
- Wild West Air Fest: Steamboat Springs Airport, 9am – 3pm – Day two of the festival!
- 10,000 Meters at 10,000 Feet 10K and 5K: Rabbit Ears Pass, 10:30am – This event was voted Best 10k in the state of Colorado by Colorado Runner magazine in 2010! Learn more about this race, and register online.
- Rocky Mountain Bull Bash: Romick Arena, 5pm – Come join the top 45 professional Bull Riders in the world as they take on the top ranked bulls in the heart of Steamboat! This is an action-packed event that all ages will enjoy. Buy your tickets here at F.M. Light and Sons soon, because they sell out very fast due to limited seating.
- Downtown Hoedown and Chili Challenge: Downtown, 11am-3pm – If you’re the cooking type, you can enter your chili, salsa or cornbread recipe in this 7th Annual Chili Challenge. But, if you just want to taste all the delicious creations, listen to live music, or swing with the square dances, then be downtown for this fun event. We are sponsoring this event, so you can find out all the information you’ll need on our website: Learn more about the challenge.
- Downtown Sidewalk Sale: More great sales, all day long! This sale continues through Monday.
- Steamboat Stage Race: Day 2 of the stage race. This race continues on through Monday! Visit Bike Steamboat’s website for more information.
If you have any questions, give us a call and we’ll help you sort it all out!
Thank you to the Steamboat Chamber for the calendar of events!
Pingback: Labor Day: History and Traditions » F.M. Light and Sons | Men's and Women's Clothing and Cowboy Boots - Historic, Western Wear and Apparel Store in Steamboat Springs, CO